Monday, 3. September 2012 23:01 | Author:FrancesKosac
I’m writing this article because I read in the newspaper that Reverend Sun Moon has just died. In the article, they talk about other cults, such as “The Family-Children of god”, and “Hare Krishnas”. So, I happened to look up some info on “The Family”…wow, what an insidious group! It is a “rape, sex, group” founded by one confused individual. And I think back on the all the numerous cults I’ve heard about over my lifetime that have committed mass suicides and other atrocities. Here is a link, which should be read by all, and I would even suggest following the individual cult links to read more about each cult. One thing that is important…ONLY GOD can take a life…no one, not any one human being has the right to destroy a life or tell others to destroy life…only God can take a life! We, as humans do not have the Wisdom it takes to know who should live and who should die. Only God, Our Heavenly Father knows that. But all of these cults have one thing in common…their leaders thought they got “a message from Heaven”, but were sadly mistaken as to its source!
In today’s world, Our Lord Jesus, and Mother Mary are speaking personally to thousands, maybe millions of people. It does say in Scripture: Acts 2:17 “‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams’“. Jesus IS coming, but how do we know when we get a “message from God” if it’s really GOD speaking to us? The rules I give to others, and follow myself regarding all messages are:
- TEST IT! Test the message, compare it to what you KNOW to be True! For instance, God would NEVER have you kill another human being (or baby/fetus)!! This is absolute! If you get a message “from God or Jesus or Mary” that tells you to go have an abortion or to kill someone, or to tell someone else to have an abortion or kill someone…that is NOT GOD talking, I assure you! Many people do not know that Satan can disguise himself as ANYONE…he was and still is called the “Prince of Air” and an “Angel of Light“. If you have no relationship with God, a true, deep, spiritual relationship with God, it will be very difficult to decipher whether or not something is “of God” because you don’t have the knowledge of what IS of God. If you are one of these people who does not have a deep, spiritual relationship with God, then I would say, talk to someone you know who DOES have a deep, spiritual relationship with God, show them the message you got, and have them help you decide if it IS from God, or from Satan. Compare the message you got to the Ten Commandments and Holy Scripture. If it goes against any of those, then it is NOT of God.
- WAIT! Give the message lots of time! If a message is telling you to “go do this NOW!” it could very likely be from Satan. Because God is Patient, Kind, and Watchful. He moves and works Slowly in almost all cases. Waiting to see if a message is from God, will NOT anger God…only Satan. If you get a message, and you wait to see whether or not you get that same message again, and again, waiting, days, weeks, months, or even years will not anger God, only Satan. Unless the message is something like, “Get out now, the house is on fire!”, then I’d move quickly, because waiting to see, might end your life! Waiting and PRAYING about a message you got, will also please God, not anger Him. Gentleness, patience, forgiveness, harmony, unity, kindness, mercy, preciousness of life, all these are OF God. Anger, confusion, impatience, disharmony, division, fighting, unforgiving, disregard for life, all these are NOT of God, thus, of Satan.
- HUMILITY! The most important aspect of ANY message or messenger OF GOD, is Humility! All the recognized saints and visionaries of God have this in common, they were and are HUMBLE of heart. They DO NOT place themselves above anyone! The messages they get DO NOT place that visionary above anyone. If you get a message that says, “you are the best” or “you are above others, because of these messages”, then this is NOT from God! God loves a humble heart, that knows how unworthy it is to receive any Grace from God, especially a message! To think that because of this message you are better than others is NOT from God.
- Truth! Is the message The Truth. Is is something that you can meditate on, and say with all your heart, “yes, this is the Truth.” If you can’t, or if it causes an internal fight within you…I would say set it aside, and go back to it later, as in, days, weeks, months, or even years later. If it STILL is True then it is something that may be from God, if it is now NOT true, then you know that it was not from God. Is it a message which confirms a Truth that you KNOW is true, or does it deny that Truth. If it denies the Truth, then it is not the Truth.
- Fruits! What are the fruits from this message? If I or others follow this message, will it create peace, harmony, reconciliation, unity, or will it create discord, fighting, division, and confusion? Whichever fruit, or actions it creates, will reveal the source of the message. A “Good” message (one FROM God) will NOT create discord, fighting, division, and confusion. A “Wrong” or “Half-truth” message WILL create discord, fighting, division, and confusion. Satan is absolutely skilled in the art of “half-truths”! How cults and other mislead “visionaries” suck their followers in, is they usually are spouting some kind of half-truth…something that sounds like it’s true, but after you think about it for a while, or pray about it, it does not sit well. It makes you uncomfortable, and does not bring peace within. This is the “fruit” I’m talking about. If some message causes this kind of disharmony, or most especially if a PERSON creates this feeling within you, I would say, give it time, set it aside, go back later, and test it, check it, pray more about it. If it still brings this kind of feeling to you, it is best to leave it for good, and follow God as your heart tells you.
Each person has within them all the tools that we need to discern right from wrong. The main problem is that our sinful natures cloud our vision, and the more sinful we are, the less we can tell right from wrong. Most of my adult life, I can honestly say I was confused and could not clearly see right from wrong. Many of the things that I “thought” were right that I did, I now KNOW are wrong! One of them was sex before marriage. I was just going along with what everyone else was doing, what they were teaching me, and telling me. I was not PURE! But, the good news is I DID get purified, and AM living as pure as I can. It took a long time, but I can see much clearer as to what is right and what is wrong. But even now, there are situations where discernment is very difficult, and I MUST PRAY a great deal about things before they are made clear for me. I believe this is because we just do not have the Wisdom that God does. We are human, and human ways are as far away from God’s ways as East is from West.
I AM going to tell you that there are MANY people today that are getting messages FROM GOD! I am going to list below some of those the I believe WITH ALL MY HEART AND SOUL ARE BEING LEAD BY GOD & JESUS. There are many, many more, that have some wonderful messages, but each visionary must have the ability to discern, and many times Satan deceives in such a way that the person cannot tell whether it is God or Satan talking. Jesus has taught me, throughout my life, to sift through EVERYTHING that comes my way, and seek out what is Truth, and discard the rest. I am not one of those people who condemns a person’s entire writings, simply because there is one or two things that I don’t agree with. I simply keep in my heart what rings true to my spirit. Things that I have run through the list I gave above. Things that have stood the test of time. I like to read everything that comes my way, and in many cases, I have been taught an Eternal Truth, from just one phrase from the writing, and the rest I have disregarded!
The other thing about “messages” from God is this: don’t take anyone else’s word for it…TEST IT, CHECK IT, DO THE LIST ABOVE TO IT, YOURSELF! Sift the messages through and through and see FOR YOURSELF if it is good, brings peace to your heart or not. Bear in mind, the MORE PURE you are, the BETTER you will be able to discern what is of God and what is not. But, also, the more you live purely and holy, the more you will be attacked by Satan and his minions. So you MUST be truly testing EVERYTHING that comes your way. And you must be always listening to the guidance of God in your heart.
Here are a list of some of the messages I would say with all my heart, are OF GOD. If a person were to live any of these messages, their lives would never be the same…they would be filled with peace, love, and holiness! Doing and living what these messages tell us, would truly make each one of us SAINTS!
- MEDJUGORJE: Getting visions/messages of Our Dear Blessed Mother since 1981. The six visionaries from Medjugorje are a group that is absolutely led by God and Mother Mary. People have gone there and come back COMPLETELY changed for the better. Many have stopped doing sinful things, addictive things, bad things. Many have been healed or purified, the stories are endless, as are the fruits!
- TRUE LIFE IN GOD: Getting handwritten messages from God/Jesus/Mother Mary since 1986. Her hand is taken over by God/Jesus/Mary as they write through her. She also hears their voices as they write through her. Vassula Ryden has been so pursecuted, and yet, God has given her the strength to keep going and keep preaching the message that He wants her to preach…one of UNITY and peace between all Christian faiths, especially the Easter Orthodox Church and the Catholic Church. The books she has written, or really Jesus has written through her hand, are astounding. If you read these messages, and replace your name wherever you see Vassula’s (as she tells you to do in the beginning of the books) you will FEEL loved by God in ways you never thought you could!
- HOLY LOVE MISSION: This visionary began getting visions and messages in 1985 in Ohio, USA. This visionary has visions of not just God the Father, The Holy Spirit, and Jesus but many, many saints and even angels. The messages, if lived would truly make a person’s life holy. She also is mercilessly persecuted by those who do not believe she is getting messages from heaven. The proof is in the pudding, I say, people go to the shrine and have life-changing experiences. She is a great promoter of pro-life, and the Rosary of the Unborn is a wonderful way to bring about the end to abortion!
I follow all of the messages above, and I even read a few others on occasion. Church leaders, and nay sayers do not dissuade me from seeing for myself, if a messenger or messages are from God. It is not too difficult to see if a visionary is in it for the “glory” or “to be the center of attention” or not! If they are, then you know that the messages are probably false. Then you look to see the fruits of the person and writings…are there good fruits; conversions, healings, signs, miracles…if there are…then it’s a pretty good sign that they are from God.
The last, and MOST important thing about discernment over messages that either you get, someone you know gets, or some other visionary, is that IF YOU LIVE A HOLY LIFE, IT WILL NOT BE DIFFICULT AT ALL TO DISCERN WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG!! Purity, holiness, love of others-no matter who they are; these are all OF God, anything else, and you are looking at something not of God!
The Sisters of Embracement.org